The Vitality Diet
FAQs - We are here to answer your questions
Will I feel hungry on the Vitality Diet?
Most consumers experience mild to moderate hunger especially on the first round, but feel their energy levels are maintained. On the second and third rounds, consumers report less hunger. We will offer ideas on how to manage your hunger.
What are the benefits and risks of a calorie restriction?
Research suggests that calorie restriction will slow the aging process. Calorie restriction also activates an important metabolic process called the Nrf2 pathway. This process increases production of antioxidants and detoxification enzymes and decreases the formation of toxic free radicals. However, prolonged calorie restriction has dangers including loss of lean muscle mass and nutritional depletion. The Vitality Diet which is only 6 days long prevents the dangers of prolonged calorie restriction.
How does the Vitality Diet compare to intermittent fasting?
Like the Vitality Diet, there many benefits to intermittent fasting. For example a 5:2 diet which restricts calories to ~500-600 calories per day for two consecutive days results in decreased abdominal fat, improved insulin sensitivity and decreased blood pressure, just like the Vitality Diet. However, the Vitality Diet has the added benefit of cellular rejuvenation and stem cell proliferation because the low calorie intake is extended for 6 days.
Is this a fad diet?
No, this diet is based on recent evidence-based research on the benefit of reduced calorie diets and nutrients that prevent age-related disease.
How does this diet compare to the ketogenic diet?
The Vitality Diet is quite different from the ketogenic diet which is which is a higher fat, very restricted in carbohydrate and not usually vegan and calorie restricted. The Vitality Diet tastes delicious and is plant based. See Nutrition Facts for details on macronutrient composition.
Can’t I just make the meals at home?
The Vitality Diet contains unique ingredients in optimal macronutrient ratios with carefully chosen nutrients that would be difficult for the consumer to create. Chef Jaimie has designed delicious satisfying foods from organic, local sources, and Misa Lawson, registered dietitian nutritionist has perfected the nutrient profile. Instead of shopping and preparing food, the Vitality Diet is conveniently delivered to your doorstep at an affordable price. We make it easy!
Are the calories same for everybody?
We offer guidelines on how to adjust the calories based on your weight.
Do you deliver to my neighborhood?
Check here to see if the Vitality Diet is delivered to your neighborhood.
How do I sign up for the free check in with Misa Lawson, RD?
When you order a Vitality Diet at MyFoodsmith.com, we will email you a link where you can sign up.
Can anyone use the Vitality Diet?
The diet should not be used under the following conditions:
- Children under the age of 18, or people who are elderly and frail
- Women who are pregnant or nursing
- Individuals who are allergic to nuts or soy
- Individuals with a Body Mass Index (BMI) <18 or >40
- Individuals diagnosed with serious medical condition or disease
- Individuals who have been severely weakened by a disease or medical procedure
- Individuals who are taking medications which may not be safely consumed with a calorie restricted diet
- Individuals with Diabetes (type 1 and type 2), cardiovascular disease, liver disease, kidney disease and cancer. The Vitality Diet should never be combined with glucose lowering drugs, such as glyburide or insulin
- Individuals with a history of significant cardiac disease
- Individuals with a history of syncope (fainting) with calorie restriction or other medical conditions
- Individuals with special dietary needs that are incompatible with the Vitality Diet meal plan
- Individuals with liver or kidney disorders that may be affected by the very low glucose and protein content of the diet
I have food allergies and intolerances. Can I do the Vitality Diet?
The Vitality Diet is vegan, so no meat, poutry, fish, shellfish or dairy.
How does it work?
Step 1: Set a health goal - such as lose 15 pounds, lower cholesterol, or kick unhealthy dietary habits.
How do I know if the Vitality Diet really helped me?
The benefits of the Vitality Diet are seen after 3 rounds of the diet, ie once a month for 3 months. You can record the following data before and after 3 rounds of the Vitality Diet. There are two ways to monitor your progress:
improvements in skin
energy level, mental focus
home blood pressure monitoring
complete blood count